Airsoft tactical vest questions most often asked by newcomers
We have collected the questions on the role and importance of tactical clothing in Airsoft that we are most often asked both on the playing field and in our online shop chats, especially by first-time players.
There are differences between tactical airsoft vests and military vests?
The answer is simply yes! Tactical airsoft vests are designed specifically for the sport of airsoft and are typically made from lightweight, breathable materials to provide comfort during extended game play. Military vests, on the other hand, are designed for actual combat and are typically made from more heavy-duty materials such as ballistic nylon or kevlar. They may also have additional features such as built-in plates to provide protection against bullets. One thing that both airsoft tactical vests and professional military vests often have in common is that they both usually come with MOLLE (Modular Lightweight Load-carrying Equipment) webbing on the front and back to allow the attachment of additional pouches or holsters.
Do I have to wear a tactical vest during an airsoft game?
The tactical vest is not necessarily mandatory during Airsoft matches, but almost all players prefer to use one for several reasons:
- It is very useful for carrying necessary equipment such as spare magazines, holsters, radios and gps, maps and compasses, torches, multiple utensils, first-aid kits, hydration bladders, just to list the most common;
- They provide adequate protection for bb's fired from even the most powerful airsoft rifles;
- They significantly increase the realism of the game.
Ultimately, whether or not to wear a vest is a personal decision based on the individual's preferences and playing style.
What airsoft armor is best?
The best airsoft armor for you will depend on your specific needs and preferences. Some popular options include:
- Plate carriers: Plate carriers are designed to hold ceramic or polyethylene plates and provide protection against high-powered airsoft guns. They are popular among players who want to add a level of realism to their games.
- Chest rigs: Chest rigs are a popular choice among airsoft players as they provide a convenient way to carry magazines and other equipment without the bulk of a full vest.
- Tactical vests: Tactical vests are a versatile option that provide a balance of protection and mobility. They often feature MOLLE webbing, which allows players to customize the layout of their pouches and holsters.
Ultimately, the best airsoft armor for you will depend on your budget, playing style, and desired level of protection.